I feel like I should change the name of this season from “The Holiday Season” to the “Pastry Puff Season”.
I feel like almost all of my current recipes include a pastry puff, but by golly, I am not complaining one bit. There is nothing more delectable to me than a recipe wrapped in a crisp on the outside, soft on the inside puff.
I’ve seen this recipe trending on the socials as I’m sure you have too… but I wanted to take my own spin on it mixing Biscoff Cookie Butter with Nutella. WOW! It takes this recipe to a new level! You can also add powdered sugar icing to the top of the baked tree or just plain powdered sugar. Add some peppermint for a twist.
Make this dish for Christmas morning or for a delectable (and EASY) Christmas party dessert. Let me know if you give it a whirl!
Nutella and Biscoff Christmas Tree
- 2 puff pastry sheets
- 1/2 cup Nutella and 1/2 cup Biscoff Cookie Butter, melted in the microwave for easy spreading
- 1 egg + tablespoon water mixed for the egg wash
- Powdered sugar, powdered sugar icing (milk and powdered sugar) or peppermint all optional!
- Roll out one room temperature pastry puff sheet on a flat surface
- Melt Biscoff Cookie Butter and Nutella in the microwave for about 20 seconds or until it’s easy to spread
- Spread all over first pastry sheet
- Set second pastry sheet on top and press down firmly
- Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut dough in shape of a Christmas tree and cut along the edges
- Twist edges, optional to use leftover dough to make in the shape of stars (star cookie cutter can be found here!)
- Mix Egg and water together and brush all over the dough
- Place on cookie sheet with parchment paper and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove and top with icing or powdered sugar or even crushed peppermint
Leave a Reply