This was my top rated recipe for 2022. The very best baked chicken you will ever try… and bonus! My kids love it and other parents have told me the same about their kids too!
So what exactly is the secret? I think it’s the combo of Italian season and brown sugar that really bring this chicken to life. Not to mention, the simplicity of the recipe. I kind of forgot about this meal until a couple weeks ago when one of my Instagram friends made it for her family.
I’m not making any changes to this recipe, just adding a little more to the seasoning mix this time around. This chicken is on the table in less than 30 minutes and pairs well with any vegetable, salad or potatoes. Really any side your family will enjoy!
Let me know if you make this recipe this week. Enjoy!
The BEST Brown Sugar Baked Chicken
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (double this recipe if you have a large family like ours)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika (yes! there is a difference than regular paprika)
- ground pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder or minced garlic
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Slice chicken in half to make it thinner, it will cook easier this way
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, Italian seasoning, sea salt, smoked paprika, pepper, and garlic powder
- Place chicken in a large plastic bag, and dredge with olive oil. Zip it up and mix it around until it’s well coated. Massage seasoning into the chicken on both sides
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes, make sure it’s cooked all the way through
- Serve with your favorite sides and family favorite veggies!