I’ve used this same recipe as a side dish for a lot of different meals.
It appeared in my Best Baked Brown Sugar Recipe last year and I promised to share the pilaf recipe and completely forgot. Oy. Sharing it now because it’s oh, so easy and scrumptious!
Use this recipe to pair with a nice steak, piece of chicken or even as a small topping for your salad.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter
- Add orzo pasta to butter, and cook and stir orzo until golden brown
- Once orzo pasta is brown, add onion and garlic and cook until onion becomes translucent, this will go really fast!
- Add in the rice, and stir to coat with oil.
- Add chicken broth and salt
- Stir well, then increase heat to high and bring to a boil
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low, cover skillet with lid, and simmer until the rice is tender (about 15-20 minutes)
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minute
- Add parm, if desired
Leave a Reply