Would you try an edible butter candle?
I made my kids second guess themselves when I tried this viral trend yesterday. Not only is the candle realistic looking, but it tastes great too. I mean, who doesn’t love butter?
This recipe / technique is super simple and really cool to serve at an upcoming Super Bowl Party or even for a romantic night in for Valentine’s Day.
All you need is edible wick (I purchased mine from Amazon) a plastic cup and some butter. Feel free to add garlic and rosemary to the butter for some additional flavor. Really, you could add anything to the butter!
Freeze the butter for about 20-30 minutes, light the candle and serve with a delicious bread bowl.
I’m excited to demonstrate this recipe on Good Day Columbus this morning and see what you viewers at home think about this viral trend.
Let me know if you try it!
Edible Butter Candle
- Edible wick
- plastic cup
- 8-16 oz butter, depending on your party size
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- fresh rosemary
- bread to serve
- Mix room temperature butter, garlic and rosemary together and set aside
- With a knife or scissors, cut a small hole at the bottom of the plastic cup
- Pull edible wick through the hole until it’s all the way through the top and hanging over a little (you’ll want some extra wick, you can cut that off later)
- Fill cup as high as you’d like, the tighter you can fill the butter in the cup the better… just make sure that wick stays in the middle
- Freeze for 20 minutes
- Cut plastic cup and carefully remove candle
- Serve with a bread bowl
Leave a Reply