Notice how I yelled INCREDIBLE in the title of today’s blog post… that’s because it is incredible.
I’m trying my hardest to utilize my crockpot more. There is just something so satisfying about finishing a portion of your dinner during the morning or early afternoon. Using the crockpot is one of the easiest ways to get a head start on dinner.
Admittedly, I haven’t always been a huge fan of crockpot recipes. But this one…….
Easy, only a few ingredients and can be tossed together in the morning.
*Note: try to use frozen tortellini. The first time I tried this recipe I didn’t use frozen and my noodles were mush. Also, grind up the Italian sausage before cooking it in the crockpot. That way the meat is ground when you’re ready to serve.
Try this one out this week. You won’t be disappointed. Promise.
INCREDIBLE Crockpot Sausage Tortellini
- 3 cups spinach
- 20 oz. frozen tortellini
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 Teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 Teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- Grind up the Italian Sausage with a meat grinder or spatula before tossing in the crockpot
- In a large crockpot combine all the ingredients
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5-6 or until sausage is well cooked
- Serve warm with fresh parm and a slice of garlic bread