One of my absolute favorite cuisines is Mediterranean food.
Olive oil, lemon and spices… I’m sold. I’ve shared a few Mediterranean recipes on here like my Tabbouli.
I saw a simple chopped veggie salad on TikTok a couple weeks ago and I’ve now made this 4 times. Literally. The kids actually like it as well (but they aren’t wild about the red onion). The key to this recipe is to dice the veggies as small as possible.
You can prepare this dish earlier in the day or even the night before and hold off on the avocado until you serve it because it will brown. Also, you can use canned corn to cut down on time or if it’s not in season where you live.
Serve this with chicken (I love using McCormick Grill Mates Tomato, Garlic and Basil seasoning) salmon or just as a main for lunch or dinner.
Simple Chopped Veggie Salad
- 3-4 English cucumbers
- 1/2 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese
- 1 large avocado diced
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- Wash and dice produce very small
- Mix together lemon juice, vinegar and garlic (maple syrup, optional)
- Serve with Mediterranean chicken and cooked broccoli