Guys, bear with me here. I know that saying something is better than McDonald’s is a big claim, but I wouldn’t say it if it wasn’t true.
Now, the thought of a fried Big Mac egg roll might make you curious… but please, with the love of all things holy TRUST ME when I say this is one of the best recipes you’ll ever make. Simple, Delicious, Loved by all… young and old. *Extremely Kid-Friendly
If possible, don’t skip any of the mentioned ingredients. I was nervous about the yellow mustard and dill pickles mixed together, but every single ingredient here is necessary to bring this meal to it’s fullest potential. It’s mouthwatering just writing about it.
Pair these with a Big Mac copy cat sauce and a side of french fries, yum!
Side note: I originally shared this recipe in 2022, but since then our 3 year old has become a Big Mac FANATIC! So I wanted to test the recipe out on him and it was “Big Mac Approved” – My daughter didn’t love all the fried breading and just ate the meat portion (she’s weird, lol).
Let me know if you give it a go!
Big Mac Egg Rolls
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
CLEANUP: Easy, but there are a lot of steps
- ½ pound ground beef + ½ pound Italian sausage
- ½ cup white onion diced extremely small
- ½ cup dill pickle diced extremely small
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Olive oil drizzle
- 2 cups Mild Cheddar Cheese, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package Egg roll wrappers (could even use wonton wrappers, if preferred)
- 4 cups vegetable oil or canola oil for frying, or an air fryer
- Drizzle olive oil, garlic and onion in skillet until fragrant and brown meats (be careful not to overcook here, you will be cooking meat again in a few minutes).
- Drain excess fat from pan and return to heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine mustard, pickles, Worcestershire and cheese and add to meat in skillet until melted
- One by one, fill egg roll wrappers with cheesy meat mixture, the egg roll packaging should have a diagram on how to wrap. Seal the top corner with a bit of water and press to seal
- Heat oil in a Fry Daddy or deep frying pan. Fry the rolls in small batches 2-3, being careful not to crowd the fryer. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until crisp and golden brown
- Serve with Big Mac Sauce (below)
* You can use an air fryer for this recipe too! 8-10 minutes or until golden brown
BIG MAC SAUCE COPYCAT
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons French dressing
- 4 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely diced white onion
- Mix together and store in fridge until ready to serve!
Leave a Reply