I was influenced.
And I am not mad about it one bit. We are typically not cake people, but for a get together or holiday… I will never make anything else than this Aldi 7Up Cake!
I’m a regular Aldi shopper, but I have never noticed the “7Up Cake” before. It’s near the bread on the left hand side of the main first aisle. If you shop at Aldi as much as I do, you know what I’m talking about LOL.
This fresh, spongy cake comes with a glaze drizzle on top, but an influencer I follow (@telloandrose) made her own frosting for this cake and it looked divine. Last weekend we had some neighbors over for a Bible study so I decided to give this cake a whirl with my own spin.
It was AMAZING. I had a lot of friends ask for the recipe, and one of my friends’ daughters asked if I would make it for her birthday!
I’m including my frosting recipe here for you to try on your own. If you don’t have an Aldi where you live, you could make your own boxed cake. It would be great with two cakes, a double decker if you will.
Save this recipe for a spring fling or holiday. Enjoy!
Aldi 7Up Cake with Strawberry Lemon Frosting
- 3 sticks room temperature butter
- 5-6 cups of powdered sugar (add more if too liquid)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons whole milk (warm)
- 6 fresh strawberries and half a lemon juiced and puréed in blender
- Blend strawberries and lemon juice and set aside
- Add all ingredients together in a mixer and mix for 10-15 minutes until extra creamy
- Ice Aldi 7Up cake and garnish with fresh strawberries and lemon slices
- Allow frosting to harden for about 2-3 hours before serving
Leave a Reply