I recently stumbled upon a book I’ve had for years, but haven’t opened.
The Spice Bible is filled with hundreds of recipes and a crazy amount of information about various spices of the world.
While browsing this book, I couldn’t stop coming back to an Asian Peppered Beef Stir Fry recipe. So I decided to make a few tweaks to make it my own and I’m excited to share this new and improved recipe with you!
Make it for your family this weekend or next week. So flavorful and delicious 😋
Asian Peppered Beef Stir Fry
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed peppercorns
- 1 lbs. lean beef filet, thinly sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/4 cup beef stock (optional if too dry)
- *See below for optional butter sauce
- Dice onions and mix in large bowl with garlic, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil
- Allow to marinate, covered in the fridge for an hour or longer
- Over a medium-large skillet, heat a little sesame oil and add meat and onion mixture. Turn until lightly browned.
- Add corn starch to thicken sauce. If sauce appears to be too dry, you can add 1/4 beef stock
- Serve over steamed rice with green beans
- OPTIONAL: add garlic butter sauce (1/4 cup melted butter, 1/2 lemon juice, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 1 tablespoon dried parsley)