I’m biased, sure. But I’ve yet to come upon someone who doesn’t love this lasagna recipe.
Made with my mom (Nance) Secret Spaghetti Sauce is best, but you can also make this meatless with frozen spinach. Both options are cheesy goodness on a plate.
This meal is best when made the day or night before, makes for fantastic leftovers and can be frozen.
Keep in mind: Lasagna tastes delicious (and holds together better) when made in advance.
- sauce 1 hour
- prep time 20 minutes
- cook time 30 minutes
- total time 1 hour 45 minutes
- Serves 10-16 people
- 1 pkg Barilla Lasagna noodles
- 48 oz. Spaghetti Sauce (Nance’s Secret Sauce is best!)
- 15 oz. tub of Ricotta Cheese
- 16 oz. package of Mozzarella Cheese
- 8 oz. Parmesan Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. Oregano
- 1 cup yellow union chopped, or onion powder
- 2 gloves of garlic
- Large baking dish
- Wax paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease large baking dish
- Boil water (add some olive oil) cook lasagna noodles al dente
- While noodles cook, mix cheeses in large mixer, then add 2 large eggs and oregano, set aside
- Once noodles are finished, drain them immediately and set them out individually on wax paper so they do not stick and the can cool (the noodles will be HOT! use a glove or tongs)
- Now you’re ready to layer! Start with sauce in the greased baking dish, then layer with 3 lasagna noodles. Next add a layer of cheese mix, add another layer of meat sauce, add another layer of 3 noodles and repeat until the baking dish is full. Add another layer of meat sauce and sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in oven at 350 for 30 minutes
- Let set for 15-20 minutes before serving, and enjoy!
*you can always make the sauce 2-3 days in advance and then prepare the lasagna the day before serving*
Make or buy meatless spaghetti sauce, I usually make two pots of sauce (one with, one without meat) when I’m preparing this dish.
Add 2 pkgs of frozen, drained spinach (defrosted) and layer on top of each cheese layer.