Someone said to me the other day… oh, this time has gone by very quickly! I’m sure to outsiders, my recovery time went by like the blink of an eye. For me, the time didn’t drag on, but three months is still three months.
I have one more week left in my wheelchair, and then I start physical therapy to learn how to walk again. My legs are weak, thin, and frail. The bottoms of my feet are tender, but I am very prepared to begin my quest.
I know I will look like a baby giraffe the first time I raise up from the wheelchair and put one wobbly leg in front of the other… someone really should be video taping that mess.
We had discussed at work possibly putting together a story on my road to recovery, so to speak. I do want viewers to know where I’ve been for the last 3 months… that I didn’t miraculously pop out a baby… one which I gained no weight on producing. But, I’m not sold on the idea. We’ll see… I’m going to talk to my news director more about it this week.
We felt like a total married couple this weekend, we went to Home Depot, Lowe’s… but didn’t have time for Bed, Bath & Beyond. We decided, instead, to go streaking in the quad.
Have a great week, all!
I want to tell you all a little about my husband, against his will. Jeff and I met in 2009 at our friends’ wedding in my hometown of Columbus, Ohio. Jeff coached soccer in Montgomery, and I was a morning anchor at CBS42 in Birmingham. I don’t think either of us expected more out of the relationship, than friendship. We had several things working against us…the distance, he traveled all the time, and I was living my life as a zombie… in bed at 6 p.m. and up at 2 a.m.
But, happily ever after… to some extent, does exist! You just have to be patient. Don’t settle for Mr. or Mrs. 80%. Wait. Wait. Wait. I PROMISE YOU, the perfect person will come along.
“Do you think we should take a picture of me and you so you can clog it?” Bud asked me as we left Destin. “I’m afraid people reading this have me pinned for an Archie Bunker crossed with a James Dean. But, once they see the picture, they’ll know I’m more like James Dean.” So, this picture was taken as soon as we returned.
As I was delivered back to my house in Birmingham, I couldn’t help but laugh. It’s hard to let the beach go, even if I don’t have my #sealegs back yet. This little getaway was so good for me. It helped me get out of the comfort zone of my house, and forced me to use more strength in my legs. I only have two more weeks in the wheelchair, and I couldn’t be happier.
Here are some more highlights of the kidnapping….if you are a Twitter-er, you can follow me: @shanistymyers
- @shanistymyers: Someone stole #bud’s flip flops he’s walking thru the hotel barefoot. “you can smell them from a mile, why the h*ll would someone want them?”
- @shanistymyers: Bud: “I’m making my truck as handicap accessible as possible, so I stopped locking the doors.”
- @shanistymyers: Bud on edamame: “I hate that stuff. The skin is terrible and it has weird looking hooks on the end.”
- @shanistymyers: Bud on sushi: “Shana, you remember those little gnarly looking bastards I ate last time we did the raw stuff?”
- @shanistymyers: Bud on breakfast: You can’t take that to the room! “watch me!” **(see photo)
- @shanistymyers: “it’s okay to eat raw oysters because April has an “r” in it. It has something to do with the moon and illuminations.” #bud
- @shanistymyers: Bud to lady on t.v.: “I wouldn’t let my kid hang out with you, with your kinky hair and voodoo badges.”
- @shanistymyers: Bud on weight loss: “I can’t wait until I can tell the difference between the top of my t-shirt and the bottom.”
- @shanistymyers: Bud on phone to Nance: “Listen, I only have 68% power left on my cell phone. I’m not going to waste it on you.”
- @shanistymyers: Bud: “Lemme tell u something, your mother puts on a big piscade.” #facade
- @shanistymyers: “My mouth is dryer than a mouse pi**ing on cotton balls.” #bud
- @shanistymyers: Bud on buying bottled water… “well, since you asked, I’m kind of boycotting water bottles with green lids.”
- @shanistymyers: Bud as we pass Verbena: “I grew up with a big ol’ fat woman named Albeena Shereenie. She was related to Mono and LaLa.”
- @shanistymyers: Bud calls his bro-in-law: “Did that Mickey Shereenie ever get married? He always had that snot running out of his nose.” #confirmation
- @shanistymyers: Apparently this Mickey Shereenie was shot twice as he delivered papers in Wainwright, OH.
- @shanistymyers: Bud: “And Joe McGonie shot Mickey with a bow and arrow. I never threatened to shot Mickey, but I did set off a firecracker when he delivered at Gma’s.”
- @shanistymyers: Bud: “That mickey did get married, he had 3 children. I bet they’re ugly as sin. Hell, If they’re anything like their ol’ man, they’ve been shot too.”
Bud and I are already planning our next big adventure. This time, we’re thinking something a little more country, with our own flare of rock and roll.
“This is the easiest thing I’ve ever done in my life,” Bud said. He’s finally warming up to the idea of me clogging and tweeting about him during my kidnapping.
We woke up Friday morning, and the saga continued…
- @shanistymyers: Bud: “How did you sleep?” Me: “Eh, so, so.” Bud: “yeah I didn’t fall asleep until I sat up straight in the hotel chair.”
- @shanistymyers: Bud got $60 knocked off our hotel room bc of a ticking noise, he described as a time bomb. #buddontgivearip
- @shanistymyers: Bud just handed it to some sales guy who called his cell asking if he wanted a free sample of herbal cream. #buddontgivearip **(See video below)
- @shanistymyers: Bud: “like my ankle monitor? I’m officially on house arrest away from your mother.” **(See photo)
- @shanistymyers: Bud steals cushions from hotel lobby…Lady says he can’t. Bud: “What’s it to you lady, my daughter has a broken pelvis.”
- @shanistymyers: Bud is finally cracking an egg… He said, “if you ask me to do one more thing, I’m gonna be on suicide watch.”
- @shanistymyers: Bud on hygiene: “I bought this foot cleaner on t.v., you seen it? It has bristles, a foam brush, and sandpaper.”
- @shanistymyers: Bud jumps in pool: “That pool is too d*mn cold, not even a whatcha call…man who was in Batman… would get in that.” #penguin
- @shanistymyers: Bud on traffic: “my God, looks like they upset the circus bus.”
- @shanistymyers: Bud thought someone stole his chrome grabber. It was found. “Let’s go tell the hotel staff to call off the search team.” **(See photo)
|Chrome grabber: check|
Saturday Bud decided to ride his Harley to Panama City. I spent the day by the ocean. Bud was really concerned about leaving me… because I’m in a wheelchair, but more importantly, I would have nothing to clog…. oh, but I did.
To Be Continued…