It’s no secrete how much our family loves Asian food. It’s honestly one of the only cuisines I can guarantee my kids will gobble up and ask for more. By mixing these easy BiBimBap Bowls together, I am able to sneak in some Superfoods they typically would not eat.
I originally found a similar recipe to the one I’m sharing on Pinterest, I’ve modified it and added my own Yum Yum Sauce recipe to top it. The kids like white rice, but I usually make brown for Jeff and I. It’s totally up to you! You could even top soba noodles if you’re feeling up to it.
I personally like the Tofu version better. Adam and Luke will eat tofu, but Eden and Jeff prefer chicken… so I typically make both options with the same marinade. Be sure to save some marinade for the Yum Yum Sauce too!
One added ingredient I highly recommend purchasing is Everything But Bagel seasoning. You can purchase online, at your local grocer… heck! I’ve even seen it at Aldi. Another fan favorite seasoning here for veggies is Fisherman’s Wharf (however, that’s a little tricker to track down).
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Comment below and let me know if you make it!
Preheat Oven 400
- Extra Firm Tofu or 1 lb. chicken
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Fresh Ginger
- Fresh Garlic
- Chili Paste
- Sesame Oil
- Olive Oil
- Everything But Bagel Seasoning
Yum Yum Sauce:
- Marinade Reserve
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt or mayo
1. Drain extra firm tofu of excess water
2. Mix marinade:
• 1/2 cup low sodium soy
• cloves garlic
• 2 tbs. sesame oil
• 2 tbs. chili paste
3. Marinate tofu or chicken in fridge for 15-30 min
4. Cut 1 cup mushrooms, 1 cup broccoli, 1/2 cup onion, season with 2 tbs olive oil + Everything But Bagel Seasoning
5. Bake Tofu for 15 min, flip and add mushrooms, broccoli + onions to oven pan, bake for 15 more min.
6. Top white, brown or cauliflower rice with Tofu, Veggies, Avocado, Tomato, Cucumber + lime wedge + more Everything But Bagel Seasoning
7. Yum Yum Sauce:
• leave some reserve marinade and add 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, sour cream, or mayo