Spring is here!! And if you’re anything like my daughter, Eden, you love picnics and being out in the great outdoors. Earlier today I had the chance to hop on Talk of Alabama in Birmingham (my old stomping grounds!) to talk about Spring Picnic ideas, including a spring-inspired charcuterie board and salad ideas!
Before I get to the recipes, here are a few excellent hacks that will make your picnic a breeze!
- Scout a good location: Look for somewhere with a good, comforting energy that isn’t overly crowded! Picture this: waterfront with a nice breeze or spotting the best view from right outside the city!
- Use a fitted sheet instead of a tablecloth: If your tablecloth keeps blowing away in the wind, try packing a fitted twin bed sheet for your next picnic! The elastic will help grip the table and make for a much more stable way to cover your table.
- Homemade natural bug repellant: Ants hate the smell of peppermint and it disrupts their scent markings, making it impossible for them to communicate with each other. Rub some peppermint on the surface of your picnic table to keep the ants at bay while you enjoy your picnic. You can also use a half of a lemon and cloves, to keep the flies away!
- Packing hacks: For spices, take an old tic tac container and fill with your favorite spices! Pack a muffin/cupcake tin and fill each spot with a different snack, cover with a lid or foil for easy transfer. You can keep salads fresh and green in mason jars, making them portable.
Now to the good stuff!
ParmCrisps Spring-Inspired Charcuterie Board
- ParmCrisps Original flavor
- Salami (rolled)
- Prosciutto (rolled)
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Aged Cheddar
- Your favorite fresh fruits (strawberries, blueberries, etc.)
- Your favorite dipping sauce (hummus, sour cherry spread, etc.)
1. Place each ingredient in bundles on an old cutting board.
2. Serve and enjoy!
Barney Butter’s Everything Salad Dressing
- 1/4 Cup Coconut oil melted
- 1/4 Cup Barney Butter
- 1 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Agave or honey for Paleo option, leave out for whole30
- 1 tsp Curry powder
- 2-3 tsp Sriracha to taste
- pinch of salt
1. Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together in a medium bowl, adjusting the sriracha to taste.
Where are your favorite picnic spots???