I took a little road trip down to Cincinnati last week to appear on FOX19 and demonstrate a new recipe. Here’s the link for my segment
These jalapeño poppers are very good and easier than you might think! When working with jalapeños, I highly recommend using cooking gloves… as those pesky peppers don’t seem to leave your hands no matter how many times you wash them.
Stuff the peppers with cream cheese and cheddar and dip them into some crushed up Southern Recipe Pork Rinds for an extra crunch.
Save this recipe for the next time you are hosting a gathering or bring it as an appetizer to a party you’re attending. Your guests will love them!
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- 4 oz. of your favorite Southern Recipe Small Batch pork rinds, finely crushed (optional)
- 10 Jalapeño Peppers, stems and seeds removed
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven 400°
- Slice one side of each jalapeño pepper lengthwise and remove seeds with a spoon
- In a medium bowl, mix softened cream cheese, garlic powder and shredded cheese together
- Fill each pepper half with the cream cheese filling
- Pour the crushed pork rinds onto a plate
- Take each filled pepper, turn upside down and press the pepper into the pork rinds
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes and enjoy!