My friend shared a similar recipe after one of her vacations and I thought this would be the perfect time to try this recipe.
Spring Break is a time when we aren’t eating what we normally eat and maybe consuming one too many umbrella cocktails in the sun.
Now that we are back from our little beach/golf getaway, I’m all about diving back into a healthy “nutrition system” as Luke likes to call it.
I made this Egg Roll in a Bowl for lunch yesterday and added shrimp. I was expecting to be the only one eating it, but all 4 of my big kids tried it. Adam had 4 helpings. 🤯
You can use ground beef, chicken, shrimp or no meat at all for this recipe. Very simple and sooooo flavorful!
Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 lb. chicken, ground beef, or shrimp
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 1green onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with sesame oil and add protein.
- Add diced onion, garlic and rice vinegar to the skillet.
- Add ginger, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar. Then stir in coleslaw mix.
- Cook, for about 5-7 more minutes.
- Remove skillet from the heat. Add green onions and enjoy!