This recipe has been a staple at almost every family gathering for as long as I can remember. It’s simple to make and will be gobbled up as soon as it comes out of the oven. *Kid-Friendly. This recipe sounds spicy, but it’s pretty mild.
This is probably my most requested recipe after someone tries it at a party. Bookmark this one and make it for your next gathering or even for the Super Bowl.
If you want to tone down the spice, lesson the jalapeños and Tabasco. For reference, my kids eat this recipe exactly as it’s instructed below, but if you’re worried… modify it. You can always add jalapeños later if you find it isn’t spicy enough.
Let me know if you make this one! It’s absolutely one of my favorites.
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour
SERVES: 12-15 people
- 1 pound of boneless chicken breasts, cut in half and boiled
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 small cans chopped green chilis
- 1 small bottle of diced jalapeños and a little juice
- 2 (8 oz) packages of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of chicken broth from boiled chicken
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons tabasco sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cut chicken in half so it’s thin and then in half again so they are small chunks, this will allow chicken to boil faster
- Boil chicken in water for 30 minutes, set aside
- While chicken boils mix together cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, green chilis, jalapeños, onion powder, chili powder, garlic powder, tabasco and cheddar cheese, set aside
- When chicken cools shred, I like to use a mixer so it goes faster
- Add 1 cup of chicken broth from boiling chicken to mix and shredded chicken, mix together
- Grease baking dish and put dip mixture in baking dish, put in oven for 30 minutes or until cheese starts to bubble
- Serve warm with tortilla chips or pretzels
Leave a Reply