I’m trying to do a better job of sharing the recipes we eat at our house during the week.
With 7 people it sometimes gets really creative… but a lot of times I make a dinner that works like last night’s Shrimp Linguini. It only took 15 minutes to make (but in my house took 2 hours because of all the constant interruptions) and was absolutely delicious.
So, in an effort to try to share 2 recipes a week here is this absolutely phenomenal creamy shrimp pasta that could be added to your dinner rotation.
15 Minute Shrimp Linguini
- 8 oz linguine pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon old bay seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ of a lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup parmesan
- Oregano for garnish
- In a medium-sized saucepan, boil water and salt it. Add your pasta, and cook according to the package instructions until al dente. When the pasta is cooked, reserve 1 cup of the pasta water.
- In a large skillet melt the butter and add olive oil. Cook the shrimp for a minute, then season with salt, pepper, Old Bay Seasoning and lemon juice…remove from pan and set aside.
- Melt butter and add garlic, cook for 30 seconds or until it’s fragrant. Add the heavy cream and parm then add reserved pasta water.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce until it’s well coated. Add the shrimp back in to reheat it and garnish with oregano.